Friday, April 11, 2014

Magazine Treatment



            The story I will be covering is the profile of Sylvia Yancey by Katherine Hunt. In the magazine, I feel this story would need around 5-10 photos, with at least one portrait, multiple daily action shots, and one location-establishing shot. To obtain these shots, I would follow Yancey around for a majority of a day or over the course of a few days. The main people I will have to contact for this project, apart from the author of the profile, is the Butterfield Village community staff, to see if they will allow me to attend their facilities and take photos, as well as permissions from Yancey herself and others that she is in contact with daily.
            My photographic plan is to spend nearly a day’s time with Yancey and photograph as needed during activities and such, while also having her pose for a portrait set. This will all be shot with my Canon Rebel T3i. The audio plan would be to have a brief interview discussing her time at the home as well as anything interesting from the actual article written. Potential stumbling blocks would be secondary interviewies not wanting to cooperate or permissions not being granted for those other than Yancey. For graphics apart from photos, I will use Trajan Pro as the font along with the color scheme of a white or gray background and Razorback red text.

No comments:

Post a Comment